AHERA Worker - $495.00
Click to REGISTER Online
Jun 24-Jun 27, 2013: AHERA Worker - Phoenix
This 4-day (32 hours) training is for workers involved with the abatement of asbestos, for asbestos project monitors, and for consultants.
The course content provides a basic level of instruction on personal protection, state-of-the-art techniques and two days of hands-on training. The focus is on practices and procedures, personal protective equipment, health effects of asbestos exposure, and other information critical to individuals who work in an abatement area with hazardous materials.
- asbestos in historical perspective
- asbestos types
- uses and applications
- health effects and medical surveillance requirements
- current state and federal regulations
- air monitoring and sampling
- bulk sampling and analysis
- worker protection equipment
- negative pressure systems
- glove bag removal
- establishing high-integrity asbestos abatement work areas, and proper abatement practices & procedures
This AHERA Worker certification is required by the EPA for a person to work on asbestos response actions in most buildings other than private residences, and by OSHA for Class I work.
This course meets all EPA, OSHA and AHERA requirements
Note: As required by the AHERA Rule, all asbestos abatement workers must complete a one-day annual AHERA Worker Refresher Training for reaccreditation.
Lunches and snacks are provided by Winners’ Circle Training Centers.
Be sure to read our Registration Terms & Conditions for more information on cancellation and refund policies.